- Founding Partner, 1997
During his tenure with this firm, Mr. Bangel limited his practice to handling all aspects of Workers' Compensation cases. At that time, he represented insurance carriers and self-insured employers, gaining extremely valuable knowledge as to how the insurance companies and self-insured clients think about and approach cases.
In 1995, Mr. Bangel became associated with the law firm of Chesney, Murphy, & Moran, where he handled Workers' Compensation cases as well as Personal Injury defense litigation-again, for insurance carriers and large self-insured clients.
In 1997, he founded the law firm of Bangel & Cohen, LLP. In founding the firm, Mr. Bangel decided to switch to the other side of the table and represent the injured worker before the Workers' Compensation Board. It was here that Mr. Bangel found his true calling and was able to utilize all of the information he had obtained while representing insurance carriers during the early part of his career. The firm has grown and in 2011 changed its' name to Bangel, Cohen & Falconetti, LLP upon the addition of a new partner, Christopher Falconetti, Esq.
Mr. Bangel was admitted to the Bar of the State of New York in 1994 and to the United States District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts in 1996. Mr. Bangel is a member of the New York State Bar Association, Queens County Bar Association as well as the Injured Workers' Bar Association.
- Workers' Compensation
- New York, 1994
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1996
- Nova University Center for the Study of Law, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- State University of New York, Stony Brook
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Queens County Bar Association, Member
- Injured Workers’ Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Stewart, DeCurtis, Greenblatt, Manning, & Baez
- Chesney, Murphy, & Moran