José M. Grajales is dedicated to providing effective legal representation to the injured and ill before the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board. Mr. Grajales is a zealous advocate on behalf of the injured or ill worker for all of the Workers’ Compensation benefits to which the injured worker is entitled under the law, including wage loss benefits and appropriate medical treatment.
Mr. Grajales is admitted to practice in the State of New York (2006) and the Federal District Court, Southern District of New York (2007). He graduated from Fordham University at Rose Hill with a Bachelor of Arts degree, double majoring in Political Science and Philosophy. He obtained a Juris Doctor degree from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University. Mr. Grajales is fluent in Spanish.
Mr. Grajales has experience handling controverted Workers’ Compensation claims, occupational disease claims, permanency classifications, claims involving third party actions and settlement of claims, including sec. 32 agreements and schedule loss of use awards.
Mr. Grajales has been involved civically as an appointee of the Manhattan Borough President to Community Planning Board 11, where he served on several committees. Mr. Grajales was the recipient of the José R. Sánchez Leadership Award (2012), which was awarded by the Community Advisory Board of Metropolitan Hospital Center, and was also the recipient of the Marjorie Matthews Community Advocate Award (2013), which was awarded by the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation.
- Workers' Compensation
- New York, 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2007
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- Juris Doctor - 2000
- Fordham University, Rose Hill
- Bachelor of Arts - 1996
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Philosophy
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, José R. Sánchez Leadership Award, Community Advisory Board of Metropolitan Hospital Center
- Recipient, Marjorie Matthews Community Advocate Award, New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation
Pro Bono Activities
- Appointee of the Manhattan Borough President to Community Planning Board 11